Sunday, August 22, 2010

Workshop cards and LOL!





So for the serious part of my post tonight, I'm sharing the two cards that we made at my workshop this afternoon. I thought that these cards were easy enough for beginning stampers but had enough interest to them to keep experienced stampers happy. They were well-received so I feel good about them.
Now, about the next two pictures . . . this just goes to show that cards really do make an impact, even if they're not (gasp!) handmade. My sister gave this card to my husband this weekend for his birthday, and the resemblence to my hubby is uncanny!!! He was the first one to realize that the picture looked just like him, and loved it! He and my sister have a good relationship that is based on a lot of teasing from both ends, so this was not only appropriate but appreciated and to some extent, expected. Hubby was a good sport and posed for this picture so y'all who don't know him could see the resemblence. I thought I was going to lose it at the restaurant I was laughing so hard!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Watercolor trio, En Francais
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink:Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Old Olive
Other Stuff: Markers, Old Olive ribbon, Oval & Scalloped oval punches

Stamps: Just believe, Teeny tiny wishes
Cardstock: Soft suede, Pumpkin pie, So saffron, Whisper white
Ink:Soft suede, Pumpkin pie, So saffron
Other Stuff: Vintage wallpaper EF, word window punch, sponges

1 comment: