Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Funky fresh flowers


For tonight's card I broke out a new stamp set, Printed Petals, and the Itty Bitty Buttons that have been mocking me all summer. The inspiration fairy was not with me this evening, so to jolt myself into action as I stared helplessly at all my schtuff, I pulled out my trusty color coach to give me some much needed guidance. I literally closed my eyes, picked a card and looked at the color combo on the back. It gave me Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, and So Saffron. Hmmmmm. I'm gonna say that I don't hate it. I used some Basic Gray as my neutral and colored up that big flower with some markers and went with it. I used my new white taffeta ribbon and colored it So Saffron, although I think I may have gone a bit overboard and made it a little too dark. Still, a great way to get colors of ribbon that Stampin'Up! doesn't offer (although I do wish they would have added Cherry Cobbler Satin ribbon - it would have been so luscious!). The more I look at this card, the more I think I may take it back upstairs for a makeover for another day. Well, can't win'em all.

PS. Happy Birthday Mom!!! Don't worry, this isn't your birthday card!


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Printed Petals
Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Other Stuff: Markers, Itty bitty buttons, Crystal effects, taffeta ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment: