Monday, August 9, 2010

Pretty in Pink


I'm a serial killer of hydrangeas. I LOVE them. They beckon to me every year at the garden center and I fall for their big beautiful gaudiness every time. I bring it home and swear that I will put it in a better spot and take better care of it this time. It's just not meant to be. And the plant never just limps along for a while, not looking good. Nope. It just croaks almost immediately and becomes a big brown eyesore in my yard - a beacon of my failings. But all that is in the past now: no more live hydrangeas for me. Now I have the absolutely lovely and un-killable stamp set Because I Care. Because I DO care. I care not to kill any more hydrangeas and waste $9.95 a pop, or whatever the going rate is. Whenever I get tempted I will just pull out this beautiful card in tonight's post and gaze at it, and try to convince myself that just maybe this time . . .

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Because I Care
Cardstock: Whisper white, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink
Ink:(Markers) Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Certainly Celery,
Other Stuff: Vintage wallpaper EF, Oval Scallop Frame (Sizzix die), Basic pearls, White taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment