Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dressy birthday


Today I'm sharing a card that I received and think it's sooo cute! My mom made me this fancy dress birthday card, but she said to make sure that I mention that she didn't come up with the idea for the card, she saw it somewhere and copied it (although my mom always puts her own spin on cards, even if she sees the original idea somewhere). I LOVE IT!!! It's lovely even though I haven't dressed up in a little black dress in eons . . . maybe someday I will again, when I won't have little fingers and hands all over me, although that will be bittersweet.
Hubby and I went out to dinner, just the two of us, which was really a treat, but after I stuffed myself on crab legs (yum!) I was happy to get home to the kiddos and fam. AND, I'm getting a new Kindle, as soon as Amazon decides to ship it out - how exciting is that?????? If you have any good book recommendations, let me know so I can start a wish list! AND I think I'll be adding to my itty bitty (LOL!) Stampin'Up! collection with the help of some birthday cash as well - what a great birthday!!!!!!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
I'm winging this tonight since I didn't make the card.
Stamps: None(?)
Cardstock: Creamy caramel (retired), Basic black
Ink: None (?)
Other Stuff: Scallop border punch, Cuttlebug embossing strip, Black ribbon, silver beaded trim, small silk flower, red jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment