Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my lovely mother's birthday! I will not tell you how old she is, because if you met her, you would never believe she is the age her drivers license says she is. The woman looks good!!!! Of course I had to make my mamacita a lovely and perfect and intricate birthday card, right??? Well, it is lovely (IMHO), but I just don't have the knack for making things as intricate as she does. Her cards have so much more to them.
I saw an ad today for a new card magazine that's coming out, and they categorized the cards by 'style.' I have to say, especially since I'm trying out this whole 'business' side of stamping with the Stampin'Up! demo-ship, that this intrigued me. I spend a lot of time thinking about my (to-this-point-mostly-imaginary) customers and what kind of cards would they like. This magazine (which I honestly can't remember the name of but it will probably be on newstands soon) came up with 4 different styles, which I wrote down because I liked them: Classy & elegant, Shabby Chic/Vintage, Fun & cute, and Clean & Graphic. Looking back through my work, even though I like to think I'm Clean & Simple, I'm really not. I like the simple, graphic look when other people do it, but I never seem to like anything I do in that style. By process of elimination, I think I'm a Classy & Elegant type girl, and I like that. I'd love to know what category you'd put yourself in to, if you had to pick just one!


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Watercolor trio
Cardstock: Rich razzleberry CS & DSP, Whisper white
Ink: Rich razzleberry, Sahara sand
Other Stuff: Oval scallop frame die, white taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment