Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thinking of a friend


Goshdarnit, I hate to make sympathy cards. I won't make them ahead of time, because every time I make one I hope it's the last one I have to make. Yes, I recognize that this is not the way life goes, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thoughts and Prayers is such a comforting set - the tree is beautiful and elegant and somehow calming. The sentiments say exactly what I want to say to someone who is hurting. So even though I hate to do it, I think that I usually make a pretty card to let someone know that my thoughts and prayers are with them.
Now what I need to work on and get better at is sending cards to people to let them know I care during 'normal' times, and not just when they are mourning/hurt/sad.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Wonderfully worn
Cardstock: Crumb cake, Whisper white
Ink: Early espresso, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Other Stuff: Top note die, sponge dauber, brayer

No comments:

Post a Comment