Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer's end


My creative mojo has decided to make a return visit after a few days off. I was upstairs working on so many different things I thought my head was going to explode! I actually ran out of time last night to blog because I didn't realize how late it had gotten. Sometimes the things that came out on paper didn't exactly fit the idea in my mind, but that's just the way things go sometimes, and it doesn't have to be a disaster if you don't let it (or so I keep telling myself). Tonight's card is my ode to the end of summer, since it seems like a lot of my Facebook friends kids went back to school today, which we all know is the true end of summer. My little ones started their fall semester of preschool last week, but it doesn't really do much to change their schedule - they just have to start adding a bit more learning in between their playing - what a life, right????
Anyway, back to today's card. I used Punched Posies since this will soon be in the 'retired' list as it is (was) a hostess set from the Summer Mini, which ends Tuesday August 31 (so if you still want something from the Summer mini, head over to my Stampin'Up! website and place an order pronto!) I LOVE this color combo - Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie: Indian Summer colors! This card sat on my desk for weeks and weeks until I finally figured out how to finish it - hope you like it!


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Punched Posies, Printed Petals, Occasional Quotes (Level 3 hostess set), Whimsy Jumbo Wheel
Cardstock: Whisper white, Pumpkin pie, Daffodil delight, Cherry Cobbler
Ink:Pumpkin pie, Daffodil delight, Cherry Cobbler
Other Stuff: Curly label punch, Cherry cobbler marker, Sponge dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment