Thursday, August 12, 2010

Omigosh!


I got my Holiday Mini preorder stuff in the other day (well, the first shipment) and once again I got paralyzed. So much new AWESOME stuff, and it always freaks me out just a little bit. I put it all together and put it aside. I've learned . . . the mojo will come. Well, I feel like it's been pouring out of me today. I brought the mini with me to work today and sat down at lunch with it, and the ideas just started coming. Luckily I had my Idea Book with me and I started writing stuff down - a couple pages worth! Of course tonight was also the season finale for 'So You Think You Can Dance' so I didn't get started on anything until after 9, but that's okay. I've got it all written down and I think I'll be set for at least a few days and I'll be showing you some cool new stuff from the new catty (you're gonna love it!!!)
Tonight's card is from the new Halloween set, Dark & Dreary. The amazing Michelle Zindorf talked about turning a regular stamp into a silhouette the other day on her blog, and a lightbulb went on for me. She is such a creative thinker and I love that she gives you ideas on how to use stamps in unique ways. Thus, I took the raven and colored him in to be a silhouette, which works quite well with the brayered background, I think. And another trick - I took the pinking hearts border punch and covered up the hearts!!! How cool is that????? (Saw that somewhere too - don't go thinking I came up with that on my own)

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Dark & Dreary, Wonderfully worn BG
Cardstock: Pumpkin pie, Basic Black, Daffodil delight, Whisper white
Ink: Basic black, Early espresso, Daffodil delight, Pumpkin pie
Other Stuff: Pinking hearts border punch, brayer, sponge dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment