Saturday, August 28, 2010

Trendy Christmas


My Christmas cards are usually handmade (I missed a year or two when I first had the kiddos) but they are always somewhat traditional, and not what you would call 'trendy.' But I always like the look of trendy colors for Christmas, even if I never have the guts to pull it off myself. Having this blog has given me the opportunity to try some new and different things on a small scale, since I make a new card almost every night. If I did the same old, same old every day, I don't think too many of you would stick around to read it! Tonight's card is my first real foray into the world of trendy Christmas stuff. It's an offshoot of one of my favorite Thank You cards using trendy trees, and I used the color palette that Stampin'Up! is using for it's 'Cute Christmas' line. I'm thinking that trendy might not be as hard as I thought!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Trendy Trees, Little Christmas Builder Wheel
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze
Ink: Real Red, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso
Other Stuff: Petals-a-Plenty EF, Stamp-a-ma-jig

1 comment: