Friday, August 6, 2010

Thankful


Spent a good portion of this evening prepping for my VERY FIRST WORKSHOP!!!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm excited and nervous. And thankful. Very thankful. I'm a lucky lady to be able to do something that I love in my spare time, and I'm so excited to meet some new people who might catch the stamping bug like me. I felt that a Thank you card was in order for tonight's post. Since I made the decision to make a conscious effort to USE what I buy, I find that I make so many really beautiful projects that are really quite simple. The Greenhouse Garden paper is absolutely beautiful, but I do think that it's even more gorgeous when it's paired together actually on a card! In the past, I would 'save' this type of paper for 'special occasions.' But now I say to myself, 'Karla, it's paper. Use it. Let it fulfill its paper destiny and become something even more beautiful.' And so I do. For all of you 'collectors' out there, let yourself use some of that special {fill in the blank.} It feels good to use what you've got!!!!
Think good thoughts for me Saturday afternoon - let's hope there are no big disasters or major screwups from me at my first workshop!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Friends never fade, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Chocolate chip, Greenhouse garden DSP, whisper white
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate chip
Other Stuff: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Chocolate chip ribbon, Silver brads, paper piercer, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment