Monday, May 31, 2010

Thank You


Tonight's card is my attempt at a patriotic card in honor of Memorial Day. I don't have a lot of patriotic stamps, and in the back of my mind I remembered seeing something that I liked and as I looked around my usual haunts, of course it turned out to be another 'Zindorf.' So I copied again. This is a 'direct-to-paper' technique; my first time trying it. Super-easy!!!! It's not a polished look, but it's not meant to be.
The point of the post tonight is really not about the card. It is to say a heartfelt 'Thank you' to the men and women, past and present, who have decided to make it their job to protect Americans and anyone else that our government feels needs help. I imagine that most of what they do is not glamourous, can be very dangerous, and most days they do not get a lot of recognition for what they do (nor do most of them want that, from what I have seen). So although we should consciously thank them every day, please make sure that you take a moment and do so today.
This is a tough weekend for my family. We lost my poppop, who was also an army veteran, this weekend many years ago. So while I thank all veterans, I say a special 'Thank you' and a little prayer to my poppop who I think continues to protect me and my family as our guardian angel from above.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Wanted, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: Whisper white, Night of Navy
Ink: Creamy caramel, Ruby red, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Versamark
Other Stuff: Clear embossing powder, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment