Saturday, May 29, 2010

Something simple


Hi everyone! Sorry that there was no post last night - hubby and I actually went out without the kids last night and got home too late for me to post. Today has been a busy day of cleaning out my closet and trying to have some semblance of organization. I've got 5 bags of stuff to drop off at Goodwill before heading up to my mom's to swim this afternoon. I've, um, outgrown, a bunch of stuff and at this point if I could ever fit back into some of that stuff I'd rather just reward myself with new clothes, know what I mean?? So I thought I'd take a few minutes to post something for you today while the kiddos are down for a nap and hubby is busy watching the Colonial golf tournament on tv.
Today's card is another very simple card that, I think, nicely shows off what a little designer paper can do. I made this one for a dear woman who, with her husband, were like my surrogate family while I was in graduate school. We lost her husband this past year and I just wanted to send her a card to let her know that I'm thinking of her. I think that sometimes people get a lot of attention and TLC immediately after the death of a loved one and then people get busy and go on with their lives and forget how much of a change it is for the person (or people) down the road. So when I think about it, I try to send a little card with a note to people months down the road, just to let them know that I'm always thinking about them, even if I don't talk to them often. No matter how technologically advanced we become, I hope that nothing ever replaces a nice handwritten note that you get in the mail!
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Vintage vogue
Cardstock: Sahara sand, Thoroughly modern DSP
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Other Stuff: Bermuda Bay ribbon, half pearls (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment