Monday, May 3, 2010

Stamp Club Smile


Tonight was stamp club night - one of my most anticipated nights of the month. It came a day earlier than normal because of a scheduling conflict, which is fine by me. When I come home after club, my husband always looks at my projects and says that I come in the door with 'Stamp Club Smile.' I guess I really do. Just a fun bunch of ladies doing some of the things I like best - making new projects and using new products. What's better than that?
Today's project is something I whipped up last night after I posted here. My uncle turned 'double nickels' (55) today and I made him a birthday card that's going to be a little belated. I bought this stamp set with him specifically in mind. The saying is just something that I could hear coming out of his mouth with no hint of sarcasm. Sometimes cards just come together quickly and this was one of them. I busted open a pack of paper that I bought a long time ago that is totally masculine, which just makes everything come together so well. I wish there were more masculine products out there - half the cards I make are for men and most of the time I struggle with them. But luckily, not last night :-)

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Whisper white, BasicGrey Granola
Ink: Stazon Black, Chocolate chip
Other Stuff: Prismacolor pencils and OMS, Nesties, sponge dauber, eyelets (source unknown), Crop-a-dile, Mat pack

No comments:

Post a Comment