Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another masculine birthday


So next week is my cousin Paulie's birthday. OMG by my calculations I think he might be turning 29?!?!?! Is that possible? I guess it is . . . wow. I think that my family is the only holdouts who still call him Paulie but the cool part is he doesn't try to change us. He's a big tall guy with some kind of scary tattoos but inside he's just a big sweetheart. It's hard to make cards for guys, especially young-ish guys like Paulie. So the card I posted today is my take at a 'cool, masculine card for a cool, masculine guy.' If you're following closely, you might notice that I used the same paper combination that I used a few days ago for the birthday card I made for Uncle Paul, who happens to be Paulie's dad. Hopefully they won't notice! But I say that when you have a good thing, stick with it.
Here are some card details, in case you're interested . . . I kinda sorta copied a Zindorf tutorial but I changed almost all the card details except the stamp. I stamped the guitar, colored it in with markers, and then colored over top of it with my versamark marker. I embossed the colored-over image with ultrafine clear embossing powder. Then I brayered Bashful blue over the whole card, letting it stay pretty light in the middle. Then I sponged some Not Quite Navy in the corners and around the edges. Next I sponged some Always Artichoke, not quite covering the Not Quite Navy. The background stamp on my card base is Canvas Background, stamped with Always Artichoke. The card layout is from a Splitcoast Challenge, SC279, which is a layout, or sketch, challenge. The patterned paper is from the BasicGrey Granola pack. I sponged some black ink around the edges of the patterned paper to give it a little more depth.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Inkadinkado, Canvas Background
Cardstock: Whisper White, Always Artichoke, BasicGrey Granola
Ink: Stazon Black, Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Basic Black
Other Stuff: Markers, Versamarker, Embossing powder, Brayer, Sponges, Silver dots (source unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment