Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Sunset (2)


Writers block tonight, folks. I've stopped and started this post about a half dozen times already. Guess my mind is elsewhere tonight, although I'm not quite sure where. The Phillies are playing the Mets tonight on ESPN, hubby's asleep (and snoring!) on the couch, and the kiddos are tucked in bed. This is my prime time!! Guess I'll have to sneak upstairs for a few minutes and see what else I can put together. Today's card is one of several I have rolling around in my head with this awesome stamp set called 'Wanted.' When I took my brayering class with Michelle Zindorf, she suggested going to Google Images and looking up sunsets for inspiration. I think I'm addicted now. It's one of my favorite things to do, but I have to say that I have an internal temper tantrum when they don't come out on paper the way I want them to. But I put them aside and sometimes I come back to them later and, with fresh eyes, think that they don't look too bad. Moral of this story: don't throw away your 'ruined' creations until you can look at them again with a new perspective.


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Wanted
Cardstock: Dusty Durango, Whisper white, DSP
Ink: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip
Other Stuff: Brad, dimensionals, Hemp twine (source unknown), Post-it notes for masking, sponges, brayer

No comments:

Post a Comment