Friday, May 14, 2010

Two in one day!


Okay, I am doing two posts tonight because I really wanted to get this card onto splitcoast since it was for a challenge but then I got excited about the graduation card, so I just decided what the heck and posted them both. But since I say to check out my blog for more details, I figured I'd better have the 'more details' on here or people might not like me very much!
So this card used the awesome new Gina K stamp set From the Sea. I see myself using this a lot in the future! This card will probably be for my hubby for our anniversary next month - nothing like being ahead of the game, right?? I brayered the bottom layer with tempting turquoise and sahara sand, and then sponged some taken with teal around the edges and in the top corner. The shells in the next layer were stamped on kraft (crumb cake?) with sahara sand and then I colored them a little bit with blush blossom and barely banana. I don't love the way they turned out but they'll do. The sentiment was stamped with tempting turquoise on sahara sand paper and I sponged some sahara sand around the edges. I stamped the big shell with creamy caramel and then colored it with markers: I think I used blush blossom, pretty in pink and a touch of regal rose. I cut it out and used dimensionals to pop it up on a blush blossom piece of cs. Then I decided it needed something else so I sprayed it with some of my homemade Champagne Mist shimmer spray.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:From the sea
Cardstock:Kraft, sahara sand, blush blossom, whisper white
Ink: tempting turquoise, taken with teal, sahara sand
Other Stuff:brayer, sponge, markers, glimmer mist

No comments:

Post a Comment