Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Melon rose


Melon mambo is one of those colors that I really like but never use. I don't know why. Maybe because I don't really think it's melon colored, and that throws me off. Maybe. Regardless, the color challenge this week was to use melon mambo and soft suede. I have to say, what I came up with is kind of a case of myself. I LOVE the 5th avenue floral rose and use it whenever I can. Since I never use melon mambo, I never made a melon mambo rose, until now. I think I really like it.
The card details are some of the same old, same old for me. Embossed the rose, used aqua painter to paint in the "melon" color, spritzed some white glimmer mist on there for a bit of shimmer, cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals. I had to add some bling with tiny rhinestones from my wheel of unknown origin. Ran the soft suede through the Big Shot with a texture plate and sponged some soft suede ink on top to bring out that texture. My bow tying skills are not that great, so I used the Bow Easy to help me make this one.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:5th Avenue floral
Cardstock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
Ink: Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
Other Stuff: Sizzix texture plate, Bow Easy, Rhinestones, Glimmer mist

No comments:

Post a Comment