Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Something different


Tonight I went up to my scrapbook/stamp room with some ideas in my head, and the card I came downstairs with was NOTHING like I had imagined. I wanted to try to do 2 cards, a Black Magic card and a new color combo card using Bermuda Bay, Real Red, and Kraft. I ended up with 1 card that encompassed both of these things. Michelle Zindorf posted a gorgeous new card today that used the Asian Artistry stamp set, which I absolutely love, and I guess it stuck in my head. I went upstairs with the intent of using one of my beachy stamp sets and doing a beach scene with these colors, because they totally scream summer to me (although I don't think I would have put bermuda bay and red together myself - once I saw it I loved it though!). I played around and brayered some stuff and it just wasn't working for me. So I decided to channel my inner Zindorf and pull out Asian Artistry and see what I could make of it. The card today is what I did, and I gotta tell you, I LOVE IT. Maybe I shouldn't say that, but sometimes you go so far away from what you think you can do that you actually do better than you think you can do, and that is always a good thing. This is now going to be my even better and practically perfect in every way new graduation card for my old roomie Susanne, who graduated last week and I still haven't sent her card out. Now I'm glad I procrastinated because I think she'll like this one even better than the original traditional graduation card I made for her. I think she'll even love the blinged out dragonfly, which I'm still not sure if it's totally awesome or totally ridiculous. And the colors remind me of her too. Happy colors. Maybe not everyone's taste. Unexpected, but to me, totally awesome. Just like Susanne!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Asian Artistry
Cardstock: Kraft, Real Red, Basic Black, Thoroughly Modern DSP
Ink: Colorbox White, Real Red
Other Stuff: Prismas (I matched them to SU colors as best I could), Sakura glitter pen (for dragonfly wings), tiny rhinestones, nesties

No comments:

Post a Comment