Thursday, May 13, 2010

A late night


I am up LATE tonight! The good news is that I got my Stampin Up goodies in from Stamp Club and my sweet mamacita met me 2/3 of the way to give me my stuff tonight. I made the most wonderful graduation card using Smooch spray which I am now in love with, but I will devote a whole post to this in a day or so. The bad news is that when I got home from meeting my mom, I went to take my sweet little Katiekins upstairs to bed and she was burning up! She must have gotten what little brother had a few days ago . . . I should have known it was coming!!! So I gave her some motrin and have been monitoring her temperature for the past 90 minutes or so. When I first checked it was 101.4 and then a bit later it was up to 102.5 but I took a blanket off her and took off her new little slippers that she got tonight and insisted on wearing to bed and at last check she was back down to 101.1. So after I get done with this I'll check her again and hopefully get some sleep tonight. Oh, how I worry about those little munchkins!!!!
So on to today's card. This is one of those 'Clean and Simple' cards and I like the way it all came together. It is one of those rare cards that I was able to use stuff from a bunch of different manufacturers and yet it all looks like it goes together. That hardly ever happens and is one of the main reasons I love Stampin Up so much - everything is matchy-matchy without having to try so hard! But before I knew about Stampin Up (yes, those were the bad old days), I bought this really beautiful paper pack at an Archivers store when I was in Cleveland for a training course. It sat in the packaging for about 2 years because I didn't want to 'waste' it. But now that I have my new attitude about using what I've got and enjoying it, I decided to get it out and have some fun with it. I used some glittered paper to cut out the butterflies with the Sizzix Embosslit Beautiful wings, used 2 other papers for the striped background and the modern label punch, and then stuck it on some more of that Gable Green cardstock that's been sitting out on my desk. I added some doodles and butterfly antennae with my white gel pen, added some of my tiny rhinestones of unknown origin, and stuck on some ribbon from Michaels at the last minute to finish it off.


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Gable Green, patterned paper from Doodlebug Designs
Ink: Gable Green
Other Stuff: Glue dots, Modern label and Word Window punches, white gel pen, Scalloped edge punch, tiny rhinestones, ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment