Thursday, May 27, 2010

More teacher cards


Today is the last day of 'school' at my daughter's preschool. After the Memorial Day holiday they switch to summer mode, which is much more fun for the kids. They have activities like bounce houses, a petting zoo, magicians, and splash days, to name a few. Can I sign up??? Today's project is for one of Katie's teachers whose last day is today. I think she was doing a school internship, and she was really very sweet and very nice to Katie and me. I made this little 'card purse' following a tutorial on Splitcoast and then put together 6 little notecards (2 each of the 3 designs in the picture). They went together soooo quickly because everything coordinated - LOVE THAT!!!! I've gotta tell you, I'm anxiously awaiting the new SU catalog (and the retiring stamp list) that the demos will be getting soon. I love hunting on different websites to see sneak peeks. As much as I'm sure I'll love the new stuff, there are some colors that I'm really going to miss - including Bermuda Bay, which I've been using a lot lately. Oh well. I'm sure the new colors will be wonderful too and my biggest wish is that they have more masculine stamps this year. How 'bout you????

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Very Vintage (card purse), Lovely Letters Alphabet (cards)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo (purse), Melon mambo, Sahara Sand, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Thoroughly Modern DSP
Ink: Melon Mambo (purse - flowers), Bermuda Bay (cards)
Other Stuff: Melon mambo, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, crop-a-dile, dimensionals, scor-tape (for purse)

No comments:

Post a Comment