Friday, May 21, 2010

Get Well Soon


Sometimes you just need to make a quick card, without a lot of fuss. This card was already sent out, to my aunt's mother, because she is in the hospital AGAIN :-( This poor woman has had 3 surgeries in less than a month, and just can't seem to get herself healthy. It has really taken a toll on my aunt, who seems to take the brunt of all this. This card was purposely made with bright and cheerful colors that will hopefully perk both of them up, even if it's just for a minute. I didn't even put a 'Get Well Soon' or any other greeting on the front of the card - for some reason it just didn't seem to fit anywhere.
I really really wanted the Kind & Caring Thoughts hostess set, yet it didn't get inked up for a long time once I finally got it. For whatever reason, it's not an easy stamp set for me to work with. I think I finally solved at least part of my problems with it by cropping the flower in so close and highlighting it with the scallop border frame medallion. These medallions are soo easy to make and can really add a 'pop' to a card that might be missing something. Thanks for looking and I'll be back soon!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Kind & Caring Thoughts, So swirly
Cardstock: Sahara sand, Melon Mambo, Bermuda bay, Whisper white, Thoroughly modern DSP
Ink: Melon Mambo, Versamark
Other Stuff: circle punches, scallop border punch, rhinestones, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment