Friday, May 14, 2010

Go You!


Hi all! Happy Weekend! Just a quick update on my Katiekins . . . she's still running a fever that hasn't gotten under 100.2 but she's still eating and drinking and playing with her brother so I guess whatever it is just has to run its course. Hate it but I am just thankful that it doesn't seem to be any worse than it is.
On to my card today. It is the first of what will likely be several graduation cards that I make this year. I bought the Go, Graduate stamp set from the new SU summer mini and I am loving it! Today's card is for my most wonderful college roommate Susanne. She is graduating with her masters in counseling(?) this weekend. Sus is one of those people that you either love or can't stand. She definitely makes an impression on you when you meet her, for better or for worse. I, obviously, love her. She has no filter when she talks and tells you like she sees it, and that works for me. I'm so proud of her and I think she's going to love this card. I ESPECIALLY love the Silver Foil smooch spritz which makes it totally glamourous and sparkly. I had to resist the urge to use the 'Go get a job' saying in the stamp set but I'm sure I'll bust it out at some point for one of these cards! I colored the legs and shoes with my SU markers, but I decided that the black marker was too stark for the gowns so I did that part with my black prisma pencil and OMS. For the 'Go You' sentiment I actually got out my ruler and made pencil lines down the cardstock so the sentiments would be placed about the same distance apart. LOVE that this is a clear stamp set - didn't have to bust out the stamp-a-ma-jig.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Go, Graduate
Cardstock: Black, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Black stazon
Other Stuff: Markers, sponge, Prisma pencil, OMS, Silver foil smooch spritz, color catcher, tiny rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment