Friday, May 7, 2010

Almost summertime . . .


Today just felt like summertime. We are celebrating my stepdaughter's 16th birthday this weekend (it was a few weeks ago, but being a teenager, we are just seeing her now). Her favorite food is clams, so we steamed up about 7 pounds of littlenecks and ate them with butter and garlic bread. Well, actually, hubby and I probably got about a pound between the two of us and Mandi got the other 6 pounds! So hubby and I were still a bit hungry so we piled everyone in the car and went to the Dairy Queen. Nothing says summer more than littlenecks followed by an ice cream chaser!!! I don't even feel too guilty since I ended up walking around the DQ patio the whole time holding my very unruly and very loud toddler son. I think I got a few bites of my cone!!
And so now on to my card for today. It has nothing to do with summertime, unfortunately. It's another one using the SU hostess set Asian Artistry. I used the same layout sketch that I used yesterday (it works really well when you have a small focal image). I stamped it with Basic Black, and colored the bird with my Cameo Coral marker. Then I brayered Cameo coral from the top and bottom, leaving it pretty light in the middle. Then I sponged Ruby Red around the edges and corners. I sponged some Close to cocoa around the edges and corners too, not quite covering the ruby red. I stamped the flower image on my close to cocoa background card with the same color ink. I pulled out a DCWV paper pack called Far East for my background papers. I sponged the edges with some close to cocoa and added some bronze pearls. Hope you like it!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Asian Artistry
Cardstock:Close to cocoa, Whisper White, Far East (DCWV)
Ink: Close to cocoa, ruby red, cameo coral, basic black
Other Stuff: Bronze pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment