Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Upsy Daisy


Tonight I went up to my stamp/scrap room with an idea in my head. The color challenge on splitcoast today was to use Lovely Lilac, Cameo Coral, and Gable Green. I knew I had the purple and coral, so I wasn't too worried about the green - I'd make my 'vision' work. I wanted to use Upsy Daisy and make a gorgeous Clemson sunset. I went to Clemson for grad school, and their colors are Purple and Orange. That color combination sounds (and can look) totally obnoxious if you don't know the story. The school chose those colors because they are the color of the sunset - really. It is truly stunning and makes the hideous uniforms Clemson football sometimes wears bearable (although it doesn't help stomach the inevitable collapse they have every year). So I went up and brayered and had my sunset - except for this challenge I needed to add Gable Green, which is really light. And didn't go with my sunset. Hmmm . . . guess I'd better do a re-do. Guess what? I think I like it better. I love when that happens. If you haven't tried one of these challenges, you should try it sometime. It's amazing what you can come up with - you just might surprise yourself.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: Whisper White, Gable Green, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, Cameo Coral
Other Stuff: Markers, sponges, nesties, Frost white shimmer spritz, Ribbon (Michaels?)

No comments:

Post a Comment