Monday, July 19, 2010

Take a deep breath . . .


I think everything is going to be just fine for the next two weeks. Today was a little hectic before swim lessons, but part of that was because it took me a little longer to get home tonight: I got rear-ended!!!!! Thankfully, I was alone in the car (on my way to get kiddos), the lady who hit me a) stopped, b) had insurance and c) was willing to share that information with me. Turns out, she didn't hit me hard enough to have any damage (not even a chip of paint got hurt), so alls well that ends well, for once. But it put me about 15 minutes behind in my very tight schedule! I was a little frazzled but a little stamping tonight fixed all that :-)
I went back to Mom's Elements of Style set and used my aquapainters with cherry cobbler and riding hood red to 'paint' the flowers. And I'm finding out that any card looks complete when you stick a big satin bow on it! I did have one 'scary' moment making this card: I sprayed some gold glow smooch spritz on the focal image and had to take a deep breath and leap of faith that it would look okay as I'm spritzing. It took a long time to color in that image - I really didn't want to have to do that again!!! Turns out, I think you can hardly tell. Oh well, better than seeing it and thinking it looks awful, right?

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Elements of style
Cardstock: Very vanilla, Basic Black, Cherry cobbler, Newsprint DSP
Ink: Stazon black, Cherry cobbler
Other Stuff: Markers (Cherry cobbler, Riding hood red, More mustard, Old olive), aquapainter, sponge dauber, Gold glow & Log Cabin smooch spritz, color catcher, black satin ribbon, bow easy

No comments:

Post a Comment