Monday, July 12, 2010

The In Crowd


I did something today that I haven't done in ages - I cruised through the galleries on Splitcoast. Since I started this blog, I've been super-paranoid about copying someone else's work and not giving them credit. Therefore, no gallery surfing. I don't want something from the deep recesses of my mind coming out and getting me in trouble. But for some reason - maybe I'm tired from my vacation, maybe I'm overwhelmed with the new catalog offerings, maybe it's something else entirely - I've been hitting a creative wall lately. So I decided to go back to my happy place - Splitcoast. I looked and looked and looked. I decided that if I look at enough things and get enough ideas from different things in my head, I wouldn't copy any single card and therefore would stay out of trouble. So now I feel better. I went up to my scrap room tonight and pulled out the new In Color markers that have paralyzed me and went to work. Tonight's color combo - Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, and Pear Pizzazz, came straight from the new color coach (have I mentioned how much I love that thing?!?!?) and the card came from all over the place. Ahhhh, that's better :-)

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Flight of the Butterfly, Oval All
Cardstock: Whisper white, Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum (stamped off once)
Other Stuff: Oval punch, Scallop oval punch, Scallop trim border

No comments:

Post a Comment