Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inspired by the Heat


I'm a huge fan of So You Think You Can Dance on Fox. It seems like every week, the choreographers come up with dances that have a backstory or at least something that inspired them to create it. They pretty much have to explain the dance beforehand and then you understand it, and usually you like it better because you know what it represents. Tonight I've decided that I'm going to explain my card the way that the choreographers do on the show, so that you'll understand how I came up with it and maybe like it just a wee bit more :-)
Tonight's card was inspired by the HEAT. The weather man in Texas has the easiest job in the world during the summer: It's HOT. Every day. Really hot. And so it goes, until at least late August, when maybe we'll have a cold front come through and it will go down into the 80s for a day or so. This card is my interpretation of the dry Texas heat. The flowers are brown, like the ones in my garden. The background colors, to me, represent the hottest part of the summer: Cherry cobbler, Tangerine tango, and Daffodil delight. Judges, what do you think?

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Vintage Labels (from SAB)
Cardstock: Whisper white, Cherry cobbler, More Mustard DSP
Ink: Early espresso, Cherry cobbler, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil delight, Crumb cake, Versamark
Other Stuff:Curly label punch, brayer, clear embossing powder

1 comment:

  1. Another great card! Your commentary makes me laugh ... nice way to start my day

    ReplyDelete