Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fussy cut


I'm back!! We had a busy couple of days - picked up hubby from the airport on Thursday night and spent Friday at the Magic Kingdom in DisneyWorld. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! My kiddos were great and we were able to spend the whole day and most of the night at the park. I've got a bunch of pictures that I want to print and put in a special Disney album, so hopefully I'll have that together in a few days to show you.
For tonight's card, I used what I think is my most favorite stamp ever, Inspired by Nature. This set is so gorgeous and versatile. I think you can do dozens and dozens of things with it and get different looks. Since I've been down here in Florida with limited supplies I've tried to be a little more inventive, so I tried to 'fussy cut' the Inspired by Nature flowers. LOVE IT!!! I'm not gonna lie, it's a lot of work to cut them out, but I think that for certain things, it's worth it. Plus I think I've also discovered that I like to fussy cut. A lot of people (like my mom) can't stand it and won't do it, but I rather enjoy it. It calms me down and makes me go slow. Which is funny, because most of the time it's me who's in too much of a hurry and don't want to fuss with things like that, but for some reason there's something about cutting things out that makes me feel happy, and that's why we make these cards in the first place, right???

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Occasional Quotes
Cardstock: Whisper white, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Early espresso, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi (love this combo!!)
Other Stuff: Markers, Mat pack, paper piercer, brads

No comments:

Post a Comment