Thursday, July 15, 2010

The return of my mojo


Lately it has felt like everything I've been putting together has been blah. Maybe you've noticed it but have been too nice to say anything. I was getting kind of panicky about the whole situation but trying to keep my cool and remember that slumps sometimes happen. Well today was a very stressful day at work for me (with a good resolution, thank goodness!) but I think it may have just broken my bad ju-ju streak and brought me back to why I craft in the first place. I craft because I enjoy it, and it's supposed to be FUN and relaxing. This card tonight was fun to make.
One time several years ago my friend from work and I took a class at a local scrapbooking store. I remember it was a class on mini-books (it WAS a long time ago - don't laugh). Well anyway, the teacher was showing us some examples she had, and my friend and I snickered when the instructor showed us one book and told us it was made for her by a friend, for 'when she gets stressed about scrapbooking.' We thought who in the world gets stressed about scrapbooking?!?!? Well, now I know. When you have loyal followers (shout out to all 8 of you - each and every one of you made my day when you signed up to follow me!!), you have a tendency to put a little pressure on yourself from time to time, and sometimes that backfires. But when you love to craft, that love will always come back, and so will your good ju-ju!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Vintage vogue
Cardstock: Whisper white, Marina mist, Presto patterns DSP (LOVE IT!)
Ink: Marina mist, Bashful blue, Chocolate chip, Versamark
Other Stuff: Log Cabin smooch spritz, color catcher, Marina mist 1/8" ribbon, Pearls, Clear embossing powder, brayer

No comments:

Post a Comment