Saturday, July 17, 2010

An old standby


I've made tonight's card so many times that I had to go back and look to make sure I haven't posted it on the blog before. Since I haven't, I have to stop and try and think of why. I have a feeling that I may have copied this pretty closely from something I saw somewhere, so I am giving credit to someone out there other than me who came up with this beautiful design. This card works so well for so many different things. I have used it as a sympathy card, an 'I'm thinking of you' card, and this particular one is going to one of my male friends at work this week for his birthday card. It's serene and calming and beautiful, IMO. I will let you in on a secret though: making this card, at least tonight, was NOT calm or serene. I messed it up twice, which means I made it THREE TIMES. First time was perfect and then I stupidly glued it onto a mat and THEN tried to cut the mat, which of course I messed up, second time I got an inky fingerprint on it, and so by the third time I just wanted to get it done!!!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Whisper white, Pacific Point, Chocolate chip
Ink: Baja breeze, Pacific point, Chocolate chip
Other Stuff: Brayer, sponge dauber, white gel pen, 1" circle punch, Photo corner punch, mat pack, paper piercer, Post-it notes

No comments:

Post a Comment