Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's old is new again


Today's card was made for a Clean and Simple challenge that involved being inspired by a collection of postcards of Mackinac Island in Michigan. I've never been there, but I found a beautiful sunset beach picture that I decided to try my hand at. I pulled out some of my old 'In Colors' that are going to be part of the new color palette and went to town. As I was finishing up and stamping the sentiment, I tried to think about who could use a card like this. I have a friend who I don't get to see very much any more, but who is a really wonderful and giving person who is having some tough times right now. Nothing life altering, but just tough things that can get even an upbeat person down. So this card is going right in the mail to her and her husband tonight. I think that's one of my most favorite things about making cards - actually sending them off to unsuspecting people. It's just paper, but I like to think it makes a smile at least twice - when I put it in the mailbox and when the recipient looks through their mail and sees it. It's nice to know that someone's thinking about you!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamp: Inkadinkado sentiment
Cardstock: Whisper white, pink pirouette, baja breeze
Ink: baja breeze, pacific point, not quite navy, pink pirouette, sahara sand, stazon black
Other Stuff: White gel pen, black marker, brayer, sponges, post-it notes for masking

1 comment: