Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting my thoughts together


I wouldn't say that coming up with a new project for this blog every day is hard, but I'm finding out that it really helps to be organized. At work, I'm totally organized to the point of compulsive, but for some reason I'm a little haphazard with the rest of my life (insert snorts from my mother and husband here). I decided that organizing my blogging thoughts may help me get to bed a little faster each night, so today's project is my new altered idea book. I took a plain Mead 5 x 7 ruled notebook and unhooked the cover carefully, covered it with some gorgeous DSP and put a title and tabs in it. In case you can't make out the tabs, I've got LISTS, COLOR, SKETCH and MISC. The plan is that this little notebook will stay close by and be there when I think of an idea. Right now my system of random post-it notes isn't working out so well so I think that this little beauty will do the trick!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Jayne's Type Alphabet (SU) and Magnetic Stamp Alphabet & Stamp Kit (Making Memories)
Cardstock:Thoroughly Modern DSP and Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede
Other Stuff: Round tab punch, Nesties, Pink Rhinestones (source unknown, Mat Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment