Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gorgeous Day


I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I did yet another new thing today - I tried out a challenge on Splitcoast stampers and - take a seat for this one - I stopped being a 'lurker' and actually UPLOADED A CARD!!!!! I don't know what's gotten into me lately, trying all these new things! The challenge I tried was a Color Challenge - all you have to do is use three colors together on a card. The three colors this week are Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise and Soft Suede (CC265). I also decided to challenge myself further and use a stamp set that I've hardly played with, Flight of the Butterfly. It makes me feel guilty when I have a stamp set that's hardly seen ink - somehow that just doesn't seem fair to the stamps (silly, I know!) I'm happy with how this card turned out - I think it looks like the weather right now - nice and 'spring-y.'

Have a great night and I'll be checking back soon.


Card details:

(All products by Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Cardstock: Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, Whisper White

Ink: SS, CC, WW, Tempting Turquoise

Stuff: Tempting Turquoise ribbon, Nesties, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Perfect Details Texture plate, Big Shot, Rhinestones (source unknown), pop dot, sponges

No comments:

Post a Comment