Monday, April 26, 2010

Mother's Day



Hi everyone! I'm starting to think about Mother's Day - it's coming up fast. I'm a very lucky gal in that I have a great mom, 2 grandmoms and a mother-in-law, so I have a lot to do for Mother's Day. This is the first of 3 or 4 cards I'm going to post on the subject - not sure if I'll post all of them as my mom is one of my most loyal followers of this very new blog. Today's card is probably for my Grandmom Saner. Grandma Saner is the oldest of my 'mothers' and she's still independent and doing her thing (which mostly involves bus trips to Atlantic City to play the slots) at 87(ish?). I really love this topiary and for some reason it reminds me of her - I have no idea why. (Maybe because it's kind of old-looking but still very beautiful??) This is one of the first stamps I ever bought - it's probably 15 years old - and I think I've used it once before. So I dug it out and colored it up and I think I like it - the picture doesn't do it justice. I used 3 different color greens in the topiary but it's hard to tell in this picture. I may have to jazz the card up a bit before I send it out - I'm still mulling it over.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Topiary from Anita's Stamps, Vintage Vogue
Cardstock: Garden Green, DSP, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black, Garden Green
Other Stuff: Prismacolor pencils and OMS, Top Note die, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment