Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Teeing off at Sunrise


Hi everyone! Today's card was created for another Splitcoast Color Challenge (CC267) using Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow, and Going Gray. I looked at what others had done and there were a lot of florals and lacey things and that's just not my style, especially with those colors. So I went out on a limb and did a masculine card. I'm going to come out and say it: 'I LOVE THIS CARD.' It turned out the way I envisioned it and now I'm ahead of the game for Fathers Day. One down, 2 more to go. I can just see my dad or hubby out on the golf course before dawn, just waiting for it to get light enough to tee off. Either that, or on the course so late that they're struggling to see as it gets dark. Both of them are such golf fanatics that it could go both ways in one day!! They say that a bad day at the golf course is still a good day. I feel that way about my stamping/scrapping. But unfortunately it's hard to come up with a good brayered scene of me at my scrapbook table!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Stampendous, Inkadinkado, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: going gray, Sage Shadow, Gray DSP, Whisper White
Ink: Apricot appeal, Sage Shadow, Going Gray
Other Stuff: Brayer, markers, nesties, brads (Hobby Lobby), Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment