Monday, April 19, 2010

Showing some support


There's a really sweet lady that I know who is dealing with breast cancer right now. This awful disease has affected several women that I love dearly so when I hear of someone else who has to go through the same thing, it truly affects me. I made this card to let her know that she's got a lot of 'support' as she goes through reconstructive surgery. Hopefully it will make her smile - something she's not done a lot of lately. I would be remiss if I didn't give a big 'shout out' to all of the people on Splitcoast who have made similar cards that inspired me to make this one. I'm not going to lie - I sure hope that this card goes over well. I think that it will have the desired effect but there is a slight chance that this may totally backfire. At least I know that it's being sent with the best of intentions, and I guess that counts for something.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Sugared (BasicGrey)
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Other Stuff: Scalloped circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle, and word window punches, ruler, scissors, pretty in pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, pearls (Michaels?), glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment