Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Mommom Day


Ever just have kind of a bummer day? I had one of those at work today. Sometimes the world of fertility just doesn't work for everyone and sometimes I have to tell people news that isn't good. Most of the time it's just part of the job but every once in a while I have to deal with a situation that just makes me feel sad and utterly useless. That's what happened to me today. I think it affected my creativity tonight (or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I didn't manage to come up with anything that I loved or even liked tonight, so luckily I have some Mother's Day cards that I made this weekend so I can share that with you today.
I think that this card is for my Mommom. She is coming to visit for a month starting Wednesday. That should put me in a better mood! Growing up, all my friends and our neighbors and my sister's friends called my grandmother what I called my grandmother - Mommom (sounds like Mum-mum). She's happiest surrounded by people, and she always seems to have enough love and comfort for everyone. She's getting older and slowing down a bit nowadays, but she still bakes the best pound cake I've ever tasted and she's patiently shown me how to bake, sew and cook for as long as I can remember.
Yeah, I think that seeing her will help lift this bit of a dark cloud over my head. Everyone should be so lucky to have a Mommom like mine.


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Sentiment (Hobby Lobby??), Vintage Vogue
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Versamark
Other Stuff: Prima flowers, glue dots, nesties, Ranger embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment