Monday, April 12, 2010

Not quite . . . something


Hi all! So do you have something in your stamp/scrap room that you just love but can never exactly get to 'work' just the way that you think it should? Let me start at the beginning . . . I was one of those people who were THRILLED when Stampin Up announced that they were changing their color palette, with no small part of that because I don't have a lot invested in the colors they are retiring, but mainly because they are bringing back some of my favorite 'go-to' colors: Baja Breeze and Pacific Point. LOVE THEM!!! Anyway, once I heard that they were coming back, I've been a lot more, shall we say . . . free . . . with the use of the cardstock that I've been hoarding. So along comes a challenge to make a card that incorporates a bookmark (TLC268 - Save the Page) and I get excited. Last year at stamp club we made a really cute card that had a bookmark in the front and I've been wanting to use my Baja Breeze cardstock and this amazing retired designer paper that coordinates with it for just that type of project. Except . . . IT. JUST. ISN'T. WORKING. And I don't know why. So now it's late and I'm tired and I took a picture of it and am putting it 'out there' for anyone who may be reading this to look at. Maybe you can pinpoint what it is that is making it not work. Or maybe it's just me. Let me know what you think. See you soon!
Card supplies: (All products Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds and Birthday Whimsy
Cardstock: Baja breeze, Not quite navy, retired DSP
Ink: Baja breeze, Not quite navy
Other: Tiny colored rhinestones (source unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment