Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sweet 16


Today is my stepdaughter's 16th birthday!! I met her when she was 8, so I have now known her half her life - wow! She is having a party this weekend that is an 'Alice in Wonderland' theme. She's having a tea party and she's put a lot of time and effort and thought into this shindig and I think it's going to be fabulous. My contribution was to help her make the invitations (go with what you're good at, right?) I'll have to post a picture of one of them if I can ever coax one out of my mother, who took THREE!!(HINT HINT). The three of us (mom, me, stepdaughter) spent a fun evening designing, creating, and assembling 20 rather involved invitations. For her actual birthday card I decided to go digital. I found a set of vintage Alice in Wonderland digi-stamps that I bought and then printed and colored for her card. I was soooo excited that she got it today and she even noticed that the Mock Turtle's tears are 3-D (thanks to just a pinch of diamond glaze!) Happy Sweet 16, Sweetie!
On a different note, I'm hoping to get some feedback, if you're so inclined. Do you like the format of my blog, with the one card at the top and a little blurb underneath? Or would you prefer more? I'm dabbling with posting a tutorial once a week on one of my more involved cards, but I don't want to do it if people just aren't that interested. Any comments you may have would be greatly appreciated!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Digi Alice in Wonderland, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Latte (DCWV)
Ink: From printer
Other Stuff: Markers, nesties, pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment