Sunday, June 6, 2010

With sympathy



Today's post is not one of my most happy ones. Tonight I made sympathy cards, which is never a fun undertaking. The past week has not been good for several of my family members, so I had to take out my go-to sympathy stamp set, Thoughts & Prayers. This set is so beautiful and I love the images, but I hate to have to use it. Since I'm usually pretty sad when I have to use this set (I don't like to pre-make sympathy cards, there's something just not right about that to me), I have a formula that I use for almost every sympathy card I've ever made: stamped image on paper cut out with top note die, coordinating color under top note die, some sort of background. If I use the branch image, I try to put pearls on the flowers, if I have them. I decided to use up some of my paper that's going to be retiring soon - the soft subtles work well for this type of card. Simple, elegant, and not too much for me to have to think about.
Sorry for the bummer post tonight, I promise I'll have more exciting and happy things later in the week. My new demo kit should be arriving soon!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Friends 24-7, Itty bitty backgrounds
Cardstock: Top card: Sage Shadow, Brocade Blue, Whisper White Bottom card:Mellow moss, So Saffron, Whisper white
Ink: Sage shadow or Mellow Moss
Other Stuff: Top note die, markers, pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment