Thursday, June 17, 2010

Party dress


I'm having one of those inner struggles tonight with this post. A few days ago, I was flipping through my huge idea binders, trying to find something, anything to do with what I've currently got on hand (I'm stalking UPS waiting for my big sneak peek demo order to come in). I found this template for a dress card and I went to town. I decided to use the funky swirl from Trendy Trees as the pattern on the dress and I was pretty proud of myself for thinking of that. I put the ribbons on and then I let them sit on my desk for a few days. I was worried about posting this card because I have NO IDEA where this card concept came from, so I don't know who to give credit to. And I hate that. Well then tonight I was up in my scrapbook room, playing with a bunch of different ideas, and NOTHING was working for me. So all the stamps got cleaned up and put away, and I was ready to just pack it in for the night. Then I saw these dresses sitting on my desk, and decided what the heck, I'll just post one and let people know it's not my original idea and if it happens to be yours, a) you're awesome and b) let me know and I'll give you credit. So there you have it. A cute little dress for the beginning of summer.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Trendy trees
Cardstock: Whisper white (doubled up on front of card to give it some heft)
Ink: Tempting turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Sahara Sand
Other Stuff: Tempting turquoise 1/4" ribbon, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Gemstones (The Paper Studio), Dress template (unknown source)

No comments:

Post a Comment