Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The card that never ends


Whew! Where did the night go???? I came home super-crabby today for a multitude of reasons and I don't feel like I even got rolling tonight until around 8:45. I managed to get nothing done (other than the above card) and of course now it's almost 10:30 and I'm scrambling. Oh well, it's really the story of my life. Looking at the card I made tonight does make me feel an eensy bit more calm. When I looked at the color challenge colors on splitcoast today at lunchtime, I got a big smile on my face. Something in my head clicked and after a few weeks of the color challenges just not working for me, they threw out a color combination that I could sink my teeth into. There's something about that coral color that just strikes a nerve with me. I think it's because my mom and I look good in coral so it makes me feel good. I'm gonna miss that color :-(
Anyway, I started in on this card with some sort of loose vision in my head, and I kept doing more and more things to the card to get it to look 'finished.' I'm still not certain that it's really as finished as I'd like it to be, but I'm at a point in the night where it's just time to be done. A few highlights . . . I stamped the plant image twice, but the second time I used a marker just to color a few of the leaves so it doesn't look like the exact same plant stamped twice . . . I sponged the edges of both pieces of cardstock to give it a little more depth - it was looking kind of flat otherwise . . . I used the stamp-a-ma-jig all over the place on this card to try and figure out what, and where, I wanted to put stuff. No time to have to re-brayer because I put something on and then hated where or what I put on.

I'm starting to lose my desk to clutter (okay, I think right now it's actually lost), so I may have to use another reserve card tomorrow and focus on cleaning up my workspace before my SU! demo kit comes in on Thursday!!!! I'm off to pack the kids bags for splash day at preschool and gymnastics after that . . . .

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Asian Artistry, Kind & Caring Thoughts
Cardstock: Whisper white, Cameo Coral, Tempting turquoise
Ink:Cameo Coral, Tempting turquoise, ruby red, basic black
Other Stuff: Stamp-a-ma-jig, white gel pen, brayer, sponges, black marker, Pebbles Impressabilities die

No comments:

Post a Comment