Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wedding fun

Tonight was a fun night. Well, it didn't start out very fun. Son had his second swimming lesson and since he is so little (20 months), Mommy got to go in the pool with him. Son SCREAMED and clung to me for dear life the entire half hour lesson. But I kept going - letting him out would send the message that screaming will get you out of things you don't want to do. He wasn't terrified, he just wasn't in the right frame of mind tonight. Toddlers are tricky little people.
So anyway, on to the fun part of the night. Wednesday nights my mom and my sister come over to see the kids (during the 'school year' it's bowling night for hubby and I). Tonight my sister invited her friend Diane over too. Diane has a friend who is getting married and everyone in the bridal party is making a scrapbook page for the bride, and Diane needed some help with hers. Actually, she really didn't have any idea where to start, so I helped her make 2 scrapbook pages that turned out really cute, and she was so happy about it! I did take pictures of them to show you, but of course they didn't turn out that well (stupid flash - I need to figure out how to work that better). After she left and I cleaned up all the stuff we had managed to bring downstairs (I swear that stuff multiplies when you spread it out!), I decided to try my hand at the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge for today. Since we had just done scrapbook pages for a future bride, I decided to make a wedding card. The card dimensions are a bit wacky for me (I hardly ever venture out of my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 safe zone), but I followed the sketch to the letter so it is what it is.
I did get to use some of the 'Sneak Peek' 1/8" ribbon from Stampin'Up. I wasn't so sure how much I would use that teeny thin ribbon but I'm loving it!!!! One other little tidbit tip that might help you out someday: when I stamped the little flowers on the side, I had a hard time keeping the tiny square of paper straight while I used my stamp-a-ma-jig. What I ended up doing is putting a bit of repositionable adhesive on the back to hold it steady while I stamped - worked like a charm!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Baroque Motifs, Teeny tiny wishes
Cardstock: Melon mambo, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Old olive
Ink: Basic Gray, Melon Mambo
Other Stuff: 1/8" black ribbon, stamp-a-ma-jig, tiny silver balls (Hobby Lobby)
Finished card size is 4 1/4" square

No comments:

Post a Comment