Saturday, June 12, 2010

I hardly knew thee . . .



Today I'm posting EARLY - can you believe it???? It is our 6th wedding anniversary today so we're going out WITHOUT THE KIDDOS to fancy dinner. I can hardly believe it myself. It's hard to believe how different this day is than it was 6 years ago, but that's okay. We went to the place where it all started this morning - the Dallas World Aquarium, site of my last first date. This time we got a family membership so we can take the kiddos whenever we want. Apparently walking around the aquarium wore out the whole family except me (and my energizer bunny daughter) so this afternoon has been 'quiet time.' Boys are asleep and girls have to be quiet and find things to (quietly!) amuse ourselves. I'm sure you know where I spent my afternoon!!!! I went through all of my Stampin'Up! cardstock and moved things around to reflect the imminent color change. As I was pulling out all of the soon-to-retire paper, I started feeling kind of bad. There were some colors in my assortment packs that I have NEVER USED. How terrible is that?!?!? And it's not like the colors are bad or anything, but I guess you just get used to reaching for the same types of colors over and over. Poor crushed curry. Six sheets were in the original paper pack, and I had 6 full sheets to put into my 'retired' stack. Well, I just couldn't let that happen, so that's how I got the first card today. I got REALLY crafty and used 3 soon-to-retire colors on it: Crushed curry, Bermuda bay, and Taken with teal. The second card is another color that had 3 full sheets left in the sampler pack - lavendar lace. I had a hard time putting other retiring colors with it, so I had to resort to my tried-and-true old olive and chocolate chip. Okay, now that that's done I don't feel so bad moving that paper over to the retired stack :-)

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Top card
Stamps: 5th Avenue floral
Cardstock: Whisper white, crushed curry, bermuda bay, taken with teal
Ink: Black stazon, crushed curry, bermuda bay
Other Stuff: Aquapainter, dazzling diamonds, crushed curry ribbon, scallop border punch, dimensionals
Bottom card
Stamps: Inspired by nature, En francais
Cardstock: Whisper white, old olive, lavendar lace
Ink: Old olive, chocolate chip, lavendar lace
Other Stuff: Markers, ticket corner punch, vanilla shimmer smooch spritz, brads (The paper studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment