Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's here!!!



My demo starter kit came today!!! Woo hoo! I got three new stamp sets in it, thankfully, because I've been craving some new stuff lately. I could hardly stand to wait until all was quiet on the home front to go upstairs and rip into that big, heavy beautiful Stampin'Up! box with my name on it. My most favorite new thing? It is, hands down, the new color coach. I have the wheel color coach, which I do use quite often, and I gotta tell ya, the new color coach is not even in the same league! I used it tonight for both cards. As part of my starter kit, I got to pick 4 new stamp pads, but I couldn't pick the new colors that I don't have yet or the old colors that are coming back. So I (luckily!) had 4 more colors of the remaining core colors that I didn't have yet. I decided to use 2 of those ink pads tonight as a challenge to myself. I have never used Elegant Eggplant or Bravo Burgandy in any form (ink, paper, markers, etc) on my own before. But with the help of my new color coach, I used them both and think I love the results. First I decided to use the Eggplant, because the color coach paired it with two beautiful colors - Old Olive and Melon Mambo. Then I thought I was done for the night and flipped through the card set one more time and came upon the color combo of Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand, and Bravo Burgandy. So I did the same card using those colors and wouldn't you know I love it too?!?!? This is a very simple card that took a little figuring out on my part. I ended up stamping the images on watercolor paper (stamping off once with the eggplant) and then going back over the stamped images with my Aquapainters. Seems like a small thing, but I think it made a huge difference on these cards.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Watercolor trio
Cardstock: Watercolor paper, Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant or Sahara Sand & Pink Pirouette
Ink:Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry or Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgandy, More mustard
Other Stuff: Large oval and scalloped oval punches, dimensionals, aquapainter

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these cards, Karla! Of course, I must admit that I love all of your cards! You are so gifted!

    ReplyDelete