Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trip to the tropics


Okay, so maybe the Space Coast of Florida isn't technically the tropics, but I only brought one bag of scrapbook supplies & stamps with me, and the Tropical Party Stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog made the cut. I also brought the Island Oasis Designer series paper, so I think you're going to see quite a few combinations of these two things in the next few days.
So far our vacation is going great - kids are having a good time and I think my mom is too. Mom would like the house a bit neater and the kids get a little wild sometimes, but overall things are just great. We had fun splashing in the ocean today and the kids discovered wet sand. They think it's great, so all of us ended up covered in sand. My thought is that the kids are only this little once so what's a little sand, right? We're all washable. After all that playing, the kids are super-tired so I get to spend some quality time playing with my new stamps (although with limited supplies, but I'm looking at it as a challenge to myself).
Tonight's card uses - you guessed it - the Tropical Party Stamp set and Island Oasis DSP. I also used the new color, Early Espresso, for the palm tree trunk. The top part of the card is stamped on whisper white cardstock - that's not part of the DSP. I took the leftover strip I get from doing the scallop border punch and used it as a 'ribbon' between the two pieces of background paper since I didn't bring any ribbon that would match with me.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Tropical Party
Cardstock: Whisper white, Old olive, Pumpkin Pie, Island Oasis DSP
Ink: Old olive, Rose red, Tempting turquoise
Other Stuff: Scallop border punch, dimensionals, markers, sponge dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment