Wednesday, September 29, 2010

If it ain't broke . . .


I just sat down to write my blog entry for the night and realized that my card for tonight is basically the same layout as the one I posted 2 days ago . . . hence my title today. Didn't even realize I did it until I sat down. Although I suppose this is a good time to point out that the same card sketch can look completely different depending on the colors, papers and embellishments used.
The flower on this card was inspired by a presentation at the Stampin'Up! regionals earlier this month (I think the presenter was Jaycene Morgan but I wouldn't bet my life on it). Anyway, she used the Fancy Flower punch and then used different sized circle punches to make the layers on top of and underneath the original punch - brilliant!!!! Then you finish it off with something cute in the middle to cover the little hole that's left. So simple, so easy, yet would have never occurred to me!
I am hoping to blog as normal the rest of this week and next, but I've got to warn you that I've got a lot on my plate right now. Hubby's going in for nose surgery tomorrow (repairing his deviated septum), mom's in the middle of moving (closer to me, thank goodness!), and I'm stretched about as thin as I can stretch (if only that were literally true - how nice would it be to stretch yourself to thin-ness?!?!). So please know that I'll do my best and hopefully still have a few minutes to myself each night to come say hi here. Thanks and I'll be back soon!!!


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Day of Gratitude
Cardstock: More mustard, Early espresso, Cajun Craze (cs and DSP)
Ink: More mustard
Other Stuff: Fancy flower punch, 1" and 3/4" circle punches, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Glitter brad, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment