Sunday, September 26, 2010

Feels like Fall


Today it actually felt like fall. My sister had to vacate her house with the dogs for the afternoon because the realtor had an open house at my sister's house, and the doggies weren't invited. Luckily they were able to come up to Aunt Karla's house and hang out in the backyard all afternoon. They loved it and we were able to leave them out there guilt-free because the weather was just perfect. We couldn't have asked for better weather.
I decided to pull out my Autumn Days stamp set tonight. It's perfect for fall and this stamp set in particular stirs up some good memories for me. It's the pheasant: I will always and forever associate pheasants with my poppop, and thinking about him makes me happy in a way that also makes me kind of teary, if that makes any sense. So tonight's card is meant to be masculine and manly, something that a hunter would like to get. No frills, no fussiness and good manly colors.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Autumn Days, Teeny tiny wishes
Cardstock: More mustard, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: More mustard, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Other Stuff: Markers & blender pen, 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" circle punches, Modern label punch, Word Window punch, Square lattice embossing folder, waffle paper

No comments:

Post a Comment