Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grateful


As I sat in my scrapbook room, looking around at all my stuff, glancing at my family picture I keep on my desk, I realized that I really am lucky. And I am grateful for all the people in my life who love me and support me and for all that I have. Truly. I am a blessed individual, and I try to make a conscious effort to remind myself of that every day. However, if I'm being completely honest, tonight I felt like I would be slightly more grateful if my creativity would come back to me. So as I sat there, staring, thinking, silently begging for inspiration to take over my mind and body, I chided myself for wanting more and tried to make myself be thankful for my blessings and not worry about my complete and total lack of creativity lately. And then, of course, I realized that I had a whole season's worth of cards I can create based on one word I kept repeating to myself: gratitude. Handmade cards are the perfect way to let people know that they are appreciated, so with that in mind, I came up with tonight's card. It still took a while, and it's not perfect, but hopefully I can take this gratitude theme and coax back my creative mode.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Fabulous Phrases
Cardstock: Crumb cake, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Whisper white, Pumpkin Pie DSP, Greenhouse Gala DSP
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Other Stuff: Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie & Daffodil Delight markers, Curly label punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments:

Post a Comment