Monday, September 27, 2010

Christmas gratitude


The new stamp set 'Day of Gratitude' from the Holiday Mini is quickly becoming one of my new favorites. It makes such beautiful fall cards, but I kept looking at that big focal image thinking that it is more versatile than the other stamps in the set. I played with it a bit and made what I like to think of as my Penn State holiday card. Many of my friends from Penn State are Jewish and therefore don't celebrate Christmas, so I kept the greeting neutral so that I could use it for any Penn Stater on my list. After I made this card, the thought did occur to me that fans of another, ahem, football team, may also like this particular color scheme. Living in Dallas, where there are a lot of cowboys, gave me this idea, although I have to say I don't condone it and in fact just thinking it makes me throw up a little in my mouth. But once I post things 'out there' on my blog I guess I can't control what you do with my ideas anyway, so I guess I'll live with the consequences :-)


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Confetti, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Basic Gray
Ink: Craft white, White Stazon, Night of Navy
Other Stuff: White embossing powder, White taffeta ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, dimensionals, Vanilla Shimmer smooch spritz, color catcher

No comments:

Post a Comment